“Dateable girls know how to shut up.” - Yup that's an actual advice from this loon, Justin Lookadoo, a self-proclaimed motivational speaker- mixed with Christian evangelist. It doesn't stop there - his advice is so ludicrous that students took to Twitter to call him out on his sexist rant - during his presentation. The question still remains: Why did Texas school administrators allow this to happen? An apology is not enough - this takes education back more than a century. Schools are for education not Christian indoctrination - if the school administrators can't understand this - they must resign.
A Christian “motivational” speaker got way more than he bargained for when he agreed to speak at Richardson High School in Texas on Wednesday.
As he spoke to an assembly full of students, Justin Lookadoo had no idea that he was being totally rejected and humiliated on Twitter by the very students he was talking to. But that’s exactly what happened.
Most of the students didn’t even want Lookadoo to speak, but the school and the PTA hired him to do so anyway. Their decision came back to bite them in the ass. Lookadoo’s website is called RUDateable.com. The contents of the site were made available to the student population. Unfortunately for Lookadoo, the young men and women didn’t appreciate it. As part of the site, Lookadoo and his co-author Hayley DiMarco created a list of incredibly sexist “dating rules” that harken back to a by-gone era in American history and encourage rape culture.
- “Dateable girls know that guys need to be needed. A Dateable girl isn’t Miss Independent.”
- “God made guys as leaders. Dateable girls get that and let him do guy things, get a door, open a ketchup bottle. They relax and let guys be guys. Which means they don’t ask him out!!!”
- “Men of God are wild, not domesticated. Dateable guys aren’t tamed.”
- “Being a guy is good. Dateable guys know they aren’t as sensitive as girls and that’s okay. They know they are stronger, more dangerous, and more adventurous and that’s okay. Dateable guys are real men who aren’t afraid to be guys.”
- “Keep it covered up. Dateable guys know that porn is bad for the spirit and the mind. They keep women covered up.”
- “Dateable girls know how to shut up.”
Sounds like the kind of list one would find tacked to the wall of an Iranian government building, or in Rick Santorum’s bathroom. Students rejected Lookadoo’s sexism and humiliated him via Twitter.
But as noted earlier, the students didn’t appreciate Lookadoo’s “rules” and promptly gave him hell throughout his presentation. How did they do this? Through Twitter of course.
Lookadoo had no idea that while he was speaking, students were live-tweeting the assembly. Students criticized Lookadoo’s sexism and created a hashtag that will follow him to any school he goes to in the future. And that tag is #lookadouche. It’s got a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
Here are some images of the student’s tweets via Huffington Post:
More via AddictingInfo